Job Advertisement P 86/2022
The University of Rostock offers a diverse, varied and demanding job in a tradition-conscious, yet innovative, modern and family-friendly university in a lively city by the sea.
At the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Institute of Physics, Chair of Nanomaterials, we are filling the following position, subject to allocation of funds, soon as possible for a limited period of the project "Non-linear plasmon-exciton coupling in monolithic
nanocrystals" within the Collaborative Research Center 1477 "Light-Matter Interactions at Interfaces" until 12/31/2025:
Research Assistant (m/f/d)
EG 13 TV-L, part-time employment, 30 hours/week, limited, qualification position
Tasks and Responsibilities
- research in the field of colloidal chemistry of nanomaterials and advanced spectroscopy with the aim of scientific qualification (doctorate)
- building up of an optical spectroscopy setup for ultra-fast time-resolved and spatially resolved measurements
- advanced transient absorption and TRPL measurements of quasi-two-dimensional colloidal materials
- conception of adequate models for the exciton diffusion and decay, analysis of experimental results
- participation in seminars and workshops within collaborative research center
- join field studies with international partners and institutions
- preparation of scientific manuscripts, visit conferences
- publish the research results
- completed university degree (state examination, diploma, master's degree or comparable degree) in physics, chemistry, materials science, nanotechnology, or related fields with at least good results
- skills in the fields of advanced spectroscopy and/or programming (necessary)
- skills in the field of colloidal synthesis of nanomaterials (desirably)
- good knowledge of the English language is mandatory, written and spoken
- high motivation for interdisciplinary work with colleagues from different scientif fields
- ability to work independently and in a team-oriented manner
- willingness to work seriously and with commitment on a project of one's own scientific qualification
- minimum physical aptitude for synthesis and spectroscopy work
- employment relationship in accordance with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service of the Federal States (TV-L) with the employer Land Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, represented by the University of Rostock
- remuneration with salary group 13 if personal and collective agreement requirements are met
- an individual assignment of the experience level according to the collective agreement, taking into account your previous professional experience
- 30 days annual vacation and annual special payment; additional pension plan (VBL)
- flexible working hours
- various offers for health promotion and work-life balance, e.g. through our family office or our URgesund health management system
- multitude of continuing education opportunities, including language courses, IT courses, seminars for professional development
- participation in the extensive range of university sports activities
University of Rostock as an employer
Equal opportunities are important to us. We welcome applications from suitable severely disabled persons or persons of equal status. We aim to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and therefore encourage relevantly qualified women to apply. We welcome applications from people of other nationalities or with a migration background.
The temporal limitation of the employment relationship is based on § 2 (1) WissZeitVG.
For employees from the school service, we examine the possibility of a secondment.
If desired, the staff council can be consulted during the selection process. Please enclose an informal request for this with your application documents.
We look forward to receiving your online application with complete, informative documents (cover letter, resume, diploma with indication of final grade) by 31.05.2022 at the latest. Only applications received via our application portal and containing all requested documents will be considered.
Unfortunately, application and travel costs cannot be covered by the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
For further information please contact: