Job Advertisement P 95/2022
The University of Rostock offers a diverse, varied and demanding job in a tradition-conscious, yet innovative, modern and family-friendly university in a lively city by the sea.
At the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Science, Institute of Physics, Quantum Physics & Many-Particle Systems group, subject to allocation of funds, we seek to fill the following
position within the project “Phase-controlled photoemission from individual clusters at surfaces” of the Collaborative
Research Center 1477 "Light-Matter Interactions at Interfaces” (starting date
flexible, end date 31.12.2025):
Doctoral Student (m/f/d)
EG 13 TV-L, part-time employment, 30 hours/week, limited, qualification position
Tasks and Responsibilities
- research on the interaction of
intense laser light with many-particle systems with the aim of scientific qualification
- development and implementation of computer codes for the simulation of
- analytical modelling of the underlying physical processes
- scientific exchange and collaboration with the experimental partner in the
- publication of the research results
- teaching of project-related subjects and supervision of Master and Bachelor students
- completed university degree (state examination, diploma, master's degree or comparable degree) in physics with good results
- experience in scientific computing and knowledge about the interaction of intense laser light with matter are desirable
- ability to cooperate in a diverse team and in an interdisciplinary environment, to present research
results with clarity, to work in due time
- good communication
skills in English, written and oral,
and willingness to learn German
- willingness to work seriously and with commitment on a project of one's
own scientific qualification
- Employment relationship in accordance with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service of the Federal States (TV-L) with the employer Land Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, represented by the University of Rostock
- remuneration with salary group 13 if personal and collective agreement requirements are met
- an individual assignment of the experience level according to the collective agreement, taking into account your previous professional experience
- 30 days annual vacation and annual special payment; additional pension plan (VBL)
- flexible working hours
- various offers for health promotion and work-life balance, e.g. through our family office or our URgesund health management system
- multitude of continuing education opportunities, including language courses, IT courses, seminars for professional development
- participation in the extensive range of university sports activities
University of Rostock as an employer
Equal opportunities are important to us. We welcome applications from suitable severely disabled persons or persons of equal status. We aim to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and therefore encourage relevantly qualified women to apply. We welcome applications from people of other nationalities or with a migration background.
The temporal limitation of the employment relationship is based on § 2 (1) WissZeitVG.
If desired, the staff council can be consulted during the selection process. Please enclose an informal request for this with your application documents.
We look forward to receiving your online application with complete, informative documents (cover letter, resume, diploma with indication of final grade) by 15.06.2022 at the latest. Only applications received via our application portal and containing all requested documents will be considered.
Unfortunately, application and travel costs cannot be covered by the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
For further information please contact: