Job Advertisement P 2/2022
The University of Rostock offers a diverse, varied and demanding job in a tradition-conscious, yet innovative, modern and family-friendly university in a lively city by the sea.
At the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Institute for Physics, Molecular Quantum Dynamics Group, subject to allocation of funds, we are filling the following position as of 01.04.2022 on a temporary basis for a period of three years in the project "Controlling Exciton Migration in Quasi-two-dimensional Perovskite Nanosheets" (starting date flexible):
Research Assistant (m/f/d)
EG 13 TV-L, part-time employment, 20 hours/week, limited, qualification position
Tasks and Responsibilities
- research in the field of Molecular Quantum Dynamics with the aim of scientific qualification (doctorate)
- participation in the research project "Controlling Exciton Migration in Quasi-two-dimensional Perovskite Nanosheets" within the Collaborative Research Center 1477 "Light-Matter Interactions at Interfaces"
- development and application of real-space methods for mesoscale quantum dynamics in structured quasi-two-dimensional materials
- collaboration with experimental and theoretical partners within the Collaborative Research Center funded by the German Research Foundation
- completed university degree (diploma, master's degree or comparable degree) in physics or chemistry with at least good results
- desirable with focus on theoretical physics or chemistry
- ability to cooperate in a diverse team and in an interdisciplinary environment
- ability to work independently on new topics with curiosity, creativity, and passion for research
- good communication skills in English
- willingness to work seriously and with commitment on a project of one's own scientific qualification
- employment relationship in accordance with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service of the Federal States (TV-L) with the employer State of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, represented by the University of Rostock
- remuneration with salary group 13 if personal and collective agreement requirements are met
- an individual assignment of the experience level according to the collective agreement, taking into account your previous professional experience
- 30 days annual vacation and annual special payment; additional pension plan (VBL)
- flexible working hours
- various offers for health promotion and work-life balance, e.g. through our family office or our URgesund health management system
- multitude of continuing education opportunities, including language courses, IT courses, seminars for professional development
- participation in the extensive range of university sports activities
University of Rostock as an employer
Equal opportunities are important to us. We welcome applications from suitable severely disabled persons or persons of equal status. We aim to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and therefore encourage relevantly qualified women to apply. We welcome applications from people of other nationalities or with a migration background.
The temporal limitation of the employment relationship is based on § 2 (1) WissZeitVG.
If desired, the staff council can be consulted during the selection process. Please enclose an informal request for this with your application documents.
We look forward to receiving your online application with convincing documents by 15.02.2022. Only applications received via our application portal will be considered.
Unfortunately, application and travel costs cannot be covered by the state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania.
For further information please contact: