Job Advertisement P 11/2022
The University of Rostock offers a diverse, varied and demanding job in a tradition-conscious, yet innovative, modern and family-friendly university in a lively city by the sea.
At the Faculty of Informatics and Electrical Engineering, Institute of Visual and Analytic Computing, Chair of Maritime Graphics, we are filling the following position, subject to allocation of funds, as of March 1th 2022 for a limited period for the project "Ocean Technology Campus Rostock: Remote Mission Tracking and Reporting (OTC-Tracker)“ until November 30th 2024:
Research Assistant (m/f/d)
EG 13 TV-L, full-time employment, 40 hours/week, limited, project position
Tasks and Responsibilities
- research in the field of "machine learning for automated mission tracking in underwater use"
- develope methods and prototypes for real-time evaluation of multisensory data (e.g. flow measurement, underwater video, sonar)
- coordinate the project activities in the Maritime Graphics working group at the University of Rostock
- organize and implementate scientific events as part of the project
- guide student assistants within the project
- publish the research results
- completed university studies (diploma, master's degree or comparable degree) in Computer Science or related disciplines with at least good results
- practical and theoretical knowledge of machine learning methods
- proven knowledge and experience in software development
- ability to do practical experimental work on the basis of current software infrastructures from the field of machine learning and artificial intelligence
- practical experience in working on research projects and publishing research results is desirable
- good knowledge of german and english language
- very good, structured and timely working style, communication skills for the presentation of research results, teamwork skills for working in interdisciplinary working groups
- Employment relationship in accordance with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service of the Federal States (TV-L) with the employer Land Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, represented by the University of Rostock
- remuneration with salary group 13 if personal and collective agreement requirements are met
- an individual assignment of the experience level according to the collective agreement, taking into account your previous professional experience
- 30 days annual vacation and annual special payment; additional pension plan (VBL)
- flexible working hours
- various offers for health promotion and work-life balance, e.g. through our family office or our URgesund health management system
- multitude of continuing education opportunities, including language courses, IT courses, seminars for professional development
- participation in the extensive range of university sports activities
University of Rostock as an employer
Equal opportunities are important to us. We welcome applications from suitable severely disabled persons or persons of equal status. We aim to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and therefore encourage relevantly qualified women to apply. We welcome applications from people of other nationalities or with a migration background.
In principle, the position is also suitable for part-time employment. If corresponding applications are received, we will consider whether the part-time wishes can be met within the scope of official feasibilities.
The temporal limitation of the employment relationship is based on § 2 (2) WissZeitVG.
If desired, the staff council can be consulted during the selection process. Please enclose an informal request for this with your application documents.
We look forward to receiving your online application with convincing documents by 26. January 2022. Only applications received via our application portal will be considered.
Unfortunately, application and travel costs cannot be covered by the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
For further information please contact: