Job Advertisement W 41/2021
The University of Rostock offers a diverse, varied and demanding job in a tradition-conscious, yet innovative, modern and family-friendly university in a lively city by the sea.
At the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Science, Institute for Physics, working group of Prof. Dr. Stefan Scheel, subject to budgetary provisions, invites applications for a postdoctoral position in Theoretical Quantum Optics. We are filling the following position at the earliest possible date on a temporary basis for a period of three years:
Postdoctoral researcher (m/f/d)
EG 13 TV-L, full-time employment, 40 hours/week, fixed-term qualification position
Tasks and Responsibilities
- research in the field of Theoretical Quantum Optics with the aim of scientific qualification (habilitation)
- theoretical studies of light-matter interactions in atomic vapour cells
- light-matter (plasmon) interaction in dielectric and metallic nanostructures
- collaboration with experimental groups, supporting data analysis etc.
- scientific teaching and research-based knowledge transfer equivalent to approx. 4 hours per week per semester
- publish research results
- completed university degree (state examination, diploma, master's degree or comparable degree) in Physics and PhD in Theoretical Physics with at least very good results
- very good knowledge of theoretical quantum optics and atomic physics
- experience in dispersion interactions is welcome
- willingness to work in a team is required
- very good English language skills
- willingness to work seriously and with commitment on a project of one's own scientific qualification
- Employment relationship in accordance with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service of the Federal States (TV-L) with the employer Land Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, represented by the University of Rostock
- remuneration with salary group 13 if personal and collective agreement requirements are met
- an individual assignment of the experience level according to the collective agreement, taking into account your previous professional experience
- 30 days annual vacation and annual special payment; additional pension plan (VBL)
- flexible working hours
- various offers for health promotion and work-life balance, e.g. through our family office or our URgesund health management system
- multitude of continuing education opportunities, including language courses, IT courses, seminars for professional development
- discounted participation in the extensive range of university sports activities
University of Rostock as an employer
Equal opportunities are important to us. We welcome applications from suitable severely disabled persons or persons of equal status. We aim to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and therefore encourage relevantly qualified women to apply. We welcome applications from people of other nationalities or with a migration background.
In principle, the position is also suitable for part-time employment. If corresponding applications are received, we will consider whether the part-time wishes can be met within the scope of official feasibilities.
The temporal limitation of the employment relationship is based on § 2 (1) WissZeitVG.
If desired, the staff council can be consulted during the selection process. Please enclose an informal request for this with your application documents.
We look forward to receiving your online application with convincing documents by 15.05.2021.
Unfortunately, application and travel costs cannot be covered by the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
For further information please contact: