Job Advertisement P 215/2021
The University of Rostock offers a diverse, varied and demanding job in a tradition-conscious, yet innovative, modern and family-friendly university in a lively city by the sea.
At the Faculty of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, Institute of Communication Engineering we are filling the following position, subject to allocation of funds, from the next possible date for a limited period for the project SFB 1270 ELAINE until 30.06.2025:
Post-doctoral researcher (m/f/d)
EG 13 TV-L, full-time employment, 40 hours/week, temporary, project position
The activity takes place within the service project "INF - Infrastructure Support Project" of the DFG Collaborative Research Center (SFB) 1270 Electrically Active Implants ELAINE. See www.elaine.uni-rostock.de for further informations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design and implementation of research data management for the entire CRC
- research in the field of research data management, especially on issues related to the semantic documentation of investigations and the resulting research data
- further development of the virtual research environment of the CRC to support reproducible research and documentation of research processes
- Design, development and implementation of concepts for data validation
- administration and maintenance of the existing IT-infrastructure
- publication of research results
- completed academic university studies (diploma, master's degree or comparable degree) in the field of computer science, computational (science and) engineering, electrical engineering, physics or related subjects with at least good results
- PhD in one of the above-mentioned fields or doctorate to be obtained within the next three months
- several years of experience in working with research data and/or semantic web technologies and ontologies are desirable
- independent approach and ability to work on new topics
- interest in interdisciplinary research and medicine
- very good team skills for working in interdisciplinary research groups
- excellent knowledge of the German and English language
- Employment relationship in accordance with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service of the Federal States (TV-L) with the employer Land Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, represented by the University of Rostock
- remuneration with salary group 13 if personal and collective agreement requirements are met
- an individual assignment of the experience level according to the collective agreement, taking into account your previous professional experience
- 30 days annual vacation and annual special payment; additional pension plan (VBL)
- flexible working hours
- various offers for health promotion and work-life balance, e.g. through our family office or our URgesund health management system
- multitude of continuing education opportunities, including language courses, IT courses, seminars for professional development
- participation in the extensive range of university sports activities
University of Rostock as an employer
Equal opportunities are important to us. We welcome applications from suitable severely disabled persons or persons of equal status. We aim to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and therefore encourage relevantly qualified women to apply. We welcome applications from people of other nationalities or with a migration background.
In principle, the position is also suitable for part-time employment. If corresponding applications are received, we will consider whether the part-time wishes can be met within the scope of official feasibilities.
The temporal limitation of the employment relationship is based on § 2 (2) WissZeitVG.
If desired, the staff council can be consulted during the selection process. Please enclose an informal request for this with your application documents.
We look forward to receiving your online application with convincing documents by 24. Oktober 2021. Only applications received via our application portal will be considered.
Unfortunately, application and travel costs cannot be covered by the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
For further information please contact: